3 Haziran 2011 Cuma

B KOCMOC/ Into Space (1978)

A little out of my defined 1945-1975 time period but too good not to share.  This pop-up book was part of the burst in Russian children's publishing in 1978.  Or at least that what it seems like to me.  I find a number of 1978-1983 Russian titles for children and a number were translated into English.

Since it is very hard to use a scanner to show pop-up books (my preferred tool) I had to wait until I could get someone to take photographs of this book.  Even the back of the book is beautiful:

There are a couple of American pop-up books about space, the most famous being about the Apollo 11 landing. I will have to try and take some photographs for you.


The feeling I get when looking at Russian books is like that of looking into a distorted mirror. The overall images are familiar but the details are just a little different.


The walk in space and seeing the Earth from orbit....


The return to Earth (on land!).....................


Docking in space....

 Exploring the Moon....

Our brave new future in space.....















Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder