24 Haziran 2009 Çarşamba

Kellogg's Cereal Space Stickers (1969)





























If there is a "Rosebud-like" object in my life it seems to be these stickers.


Somehow all my life I have remembered these stickers and regretted their loss when they got thrown out.

As far as I can reconstruct these came out in 1969 when I was 9 years old. As I ate my way through boxes of Kellogg's cereals I would put them on my school notebook.

When the notebook finally died I took the blue canvas (remember those?) off and saved it.


What is interesting is how they remained in my memory as an adult, so when I finally found a set of them recently I can't quite get over it. They are as I remembered and you can go home again.

Since I only have some of them I have to make some assumptions. It looks like they made one for every manned mission up to Apollo 10 for 20 stickers total. I think the series was done around April 1969 since every sticker has the date of the mission on the back except the Apollo 10 which gives an expected lift-off date of May 18, 1969. (I base this on the Apollo 9 sticker dated March 3-13, 1969)






Each sticker has a short description of the mission on the back along with the astronauts who went on the mission.

The best thing to me at the time (and maybe why I remember them) is that they made up their own logo/symbol for each mission.








Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder