3 Aralık 2012 Pazartesi

Flying in Space (1961)




This is a book I have had my eye on for ages. It appears occasionally in ebay but always for outrageous prices.  Well for Xmas this year I decided now was the time.  From even the little I had seen of this book its paintings are incredibly beautiful, to add the pop-ups on top of that, and you get a great unsung children's space book.



Flying in Space. Prague, Czech Republic. 18p. 9.2 x 13.2 in. 1961
 So excuse me for being struck with the beauty of this book, even the back cover is a work of art.
 The back of the book is a pop-up space port

While the front of the book is the cover illustration expanded to fly the ship over the Moon.





The Russian style of space art has a romantic quality about it. Both the techniques and that was they choose to soften the lines makes it very dreamy.




I do wonder if the text tells me what kind of propulsion system they are using. It looks like the ancestor of the Discovery from 2001.




As I said a jewel of a book.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder