24 Şubat 2009 Salı

My Weekly Reader 1957-1958







This is a different post today. I loved My Weekly Reader when I was in elementary school. It was both slacker time to read in class and a chance to read about cool space stuff. These are a few I have found from the 1950s showing the start of the space age.

December 1957: We have decided how the U.S. is going to catch up to the shock of Sputnik.













By March of 1958, after a successful launch in Jan. (finally!) we show that we have this space thing under control and are planning to send U.S. men into space soon.















By November 1958, it is "Here we come, Moon!" We had a confidence that this space travel thing wasn't as hard as the Russians made it out to be. My Weekly Reader told me so.

And now a little quiz from Sept 1958 to see "What do you know about space?"

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder